SCHOLARSHIPS IN NEW ZEALAND
A government granted scholarship known formally as the New Zealand Scholarship for Indian Students has been applicable since some time now.
Level of Study: Ph.D.
Subjects: Soil Science, Dairy Technology
Eligibility: Indian national residing in India. Qualifications Master's Degree with 60% marks in respect of Soil Science and Dairy Technology. Experience 2 years teaching/research/practical experience after obtaining Master's Degree. Academic year starts from February. Age: The application will normally be accepted from those candidates who have completed their master's Degree in the subject concerned within the last five years as on 31st July of the Year of advt.
Value/Passage Cost: Travel to and from New Zealand is arranged by the shortest route and economy class as arranged by the authorities of the donor No provision is made for the expenses of the dependent. Expenditure on board, lodging, books, study material, tuition fee, internal travel related to studies and medical care is met by donor country.
Typed application with attested copies of testimonials, programme of study, photograph and other documents should be submitted on plain paper (as per format notified) by prescribed date. Employed persons should send their applications through their employer.
In June this year, New Zealand Prime Minister John Key today announced a new sports scholarship and exchange programme, wherein a number of scholarships would be provided to Indian students to study sports in New Zealand universities.
Apart from strengthening the bilateral relations between the two countries, the programme will ensure greater connections between India and New Zealand sports scholars, coaches, trainers and students in physical education and sports medicine.
Auckland International Scholarships for Indian Students is another financing aide for Indian nationals. Specifications are given below;
Scholarship Program 2009
The association between The Times Group’s youth centric publication Education Times and the Auckland International College began two years back when the two power brands struck an alliance to provide meritorious students the opportunity to acquire a global education.
The overwhelming response to the scholarships have yet again prompted the alliance to get active and reach out to the students with the opportunity to avail two FULLY paid and two PARTLY paid scholarships to the IB Program worth Rs. 50 Lacs.
Eligibility for Application
* Students who have scored at least 70% marks in Science and Mathematics in 9th Grade & 10th Grade prelims/ term examinations.
* Students who have appeared for their Grade 10th examinations in the current academic year (IB/ICSE/ CBSE/ SSC or any other recognized board)
* Students currently pursuing their 11th grade from a college affiliated to the University of Mumbai, who are willing to forgo one academic year may apply by submitting a copy of their Grade Xth Marksheet.
* The Scholarships are open to students currently based in MUMBAI
Other scholarships which are granted by New Zealand to international applicants are stated below;
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships –funded by NZ government
- New Zealand International Undergraduate Scholarships – funded by NZ government
- NZAID Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plan
New Zealand University Scholarships
- Scholarships Auckland University
- Scholarships Auckland University of Technology
- Scholarships Canterbury University
- Scholarships Lincoln Unversity
- Scholarships Massey University
- Scholarships University Otago
- Scholarships Victoria University
- Scholarships The University Waikato
Both domestic and international students are held eligible for these scholarships