VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR NEW ZEALAND STUDENTS VISA
Rules for Application of Visa
• Students entering New Zealand for more than three months need a student visa.
• If the course you want to study is a single short course of less than three calendar months duration, and is approved or exempted by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) , you do not need a student visa and can apply for a visitor visa.
If you have been offered a place in an approved exchange scheme you may apply for a student visa for the duration of your exchange, provided you meet the normal health and character requirements and are a bona fide exchange participant.
You must also provide evidence that you:
• have been accepted into an approved student exchange scheme (from the scheme organizer)
• Have onward travel arrangements for when your exchange scheme has finished
Courses shorter than nine months
If the course you intend to study lasts less than nine months, you’ll need to show that you have access to:
NZ$1000 for each month of your stay
NZ$400 for each month, if your accommodation is already paid for (you will need to show evidence of this), or
A letter from your education provider saying that your accommodation and other living costs are included in the package you’ve already paid for.
Courses longer than nine months
If the course you intend to study lasts more than nine months, you’ll need to show that you have access to:
NZ$10,000 per year to cover your costs during your stay in New Zealand, or if you are a citizen of Samoa or Tonga, a written guarantee from a relative who is a New Zealand citizen or resident that they will cover your living costs.
Evidence of funds may be in the form of cash, travellers' cheque, bank drafts, or a recognized credit card with enough credit.
• Student visa holders are generally not eligible for public funded health and disability services
• If you're sure you need a student visa and/or permit, and you meet the requirements, find out how to apply by visiting the Immigration New Zealand website at: www.immigration.govt.nz
• One recent passport sized photograph with your full name and passport number written at the back
• A demand draft favoring ‘Immigration New Zealand’ for the visa fee
• Cover letter signed by the student – containing evidence of funds being submitted, background of applicant, applicant’s English language ability, and complete list of documents attached.
• Statement of Purpose – citing the reason for application, what he/she intends to do and how the course will help him in the future
• Photocopy of offer letter from the university
• Photocopy of Guarantee of Accommodation in case the student is staying with a relative
• Financial Undertaking Forms – if the course it for 12 to 18 months, it is strongly advisable to show gross total income f Rs. 3.5 Lakhs minimum
• Bank Authorization Letter from Sponsors
• Notarized photocopy of education certificates
Visa Application Fee
The fee for acquiring the application for is Rs. 500 cash
Relevant Time Duration
New Zealand has speeded up the visa processing time period. As compared the five months previously, students can gain visas in the course of just 15 working days.